Brancepeth Castle Golf Club in Durham is looking forward to welcoming our members again this year...
19 January 2023
Designed by the world famous architect Harry Colt in 1924 and laid out on what was Brancepeth Castle Deer Park, the stables and coach house being converted into the clubhouse. Harry Colt was involved in designing or redesigning over 300 courses around the world, including Moor Park, Royal Lytham & St. Annes and Wentworth.
Brancepeth Castle Golf Club is situated in the historic village of Brancepeth, four miles west of the Cathedral City of Durham. The course was designed by Harry Colt in the 1920's and presently measures 6,400 yards. It's par and SSS of 70 prove a sound test to many of the country's leading amateurs, who meet annually to compete in the Club's open 36-hole stroke play championship for the Leonard Crawley Medal.
The course is on beautiful parkland with a wonderful mix of holes. The most distinctive feature is the deep ravine that runs through it and comes into play on eight holes! Requiring substantial bridges to cross it in places, it is no mere ditch and sets up for some superb approach play - the par 3's of nine and ten being especially noteworthy. A regular venue for the Durham County Championship, Brancepeth has hosted many prestigious national championships.